Dubai is the land of tall skyscrapers, world record-breaking constructions, and opulence. Luxury, style, and glamour are what we come to mind when one thinks of Dubai, so much so that adventure is not a thing that one easily associates with Dubai. However, not many know that Dubai is one of the best places to try adventurous activities. Right from dune bashing in the desert to scuba diving in the Arabian Gulf, there are plenty of adventurous activities that one can try here. Skydiving is one such adventure that Dubai is popular for. In fact, the city is known to be one of the best places for skydiving in the city. If you want to indulge in skydiving when you are in the Emirate city, here is everything you need to know about skydiving in Dubai.
Tandem skydiving at Skydive Dubai Desert Campus. Experience the thrill of skydiving without any previous training while attached in a harness to a certified tandem instructor. Exit our aircraft from 13,000ft, enjoy a minute of freefall flight, and then you will come in for a gentle landing as a dedicated camera flyer captures every stunning moment. Tandem skydiving is offered at both the Desert Campus and the Palm dropzones.
Skydiving in Dubai: Introduction
Skydiving in Dubai is offered only by Skydive Dubai. In fact, it is the only company to organize skydiving in the entire country as well. Two drop zones are available for you to choose from: The Palm Drop Zone and the Desert Drop Zone. The Palm Drop Zone would give you the chance to see an aerial view of the Palm Jumeirah, the World Islands, and the city of Dubai. On the other hand, the Desert Drop Zone is your chance to see the bird’s eye view of the vast, mysterious desert. Whichever zone you choose, you would have to jump from 13,000-14,000 feet above the ground.
Skydiving in Dubai: Types of Jumps
You can experience 3 types of jumps at Skydiving Dubai, depending on your experience and expertise levels.
When you are new to the world of skydiving, tandem jumping is what you opt for. In this case, you go skydiving with a professional instructor attached to you with the help of a harness. Here, you do not have to worry about anything as the instructor would take you through each and every step of the dive, right from free falling to landing. No prior training is required for tandem jumping.
Static Line Jump:
Static line jump requires one day of technical and ground training and is the best option to choose for your first solo jumping experience. Here, you would be attached to the aircraft via a static line. You would jump off the aircraft on your own; however, once you have a short free falling, the canopy would be initiated through the static line.
Accelerated Free Fall:
The accelerated free fall is for people who have undergone vigorous training and have the skydiving license. While you would be jumping from the airplane and deploying the parachute on your own, you may still be guided by two instructors: one in the air and the other for landing.
Skydiving in Dubai: The Experience
Your skydiving experience begins when you reach the Skydive Dubai venue. Here you would be given some safety instructions and regulations by a professional. You would also be told about the body postures you would have to adapt. After this, you would be strapped with the safety gear. You board up a plane and fly some 13000 to 14000 feet above the ground. Here, your instructor would ask you to jump on his count. Once you jump, you would enjoy free fall for around 60-90 seconds, after which the parachute would be deployed. The ride on the parachute lasts for around 6-7 minutes, during which would be able to enjoy an incredible view of Dubai. Skydive Dubai also takes photos and videos of your skydiving experience for you to share with your family and friends.
Skydiving in Dubai: The Requirements
If you are planning to go skydiving in Dubai, there are certain requirements that you need to fulfill to be eligible for the same:
- People above the age of 12 years are eligible for skydiving in Dubai. Children between the ages of 12 and 17 years have to be accompanied by their parent or guardian. People above the age of 70 years need to fill a Declaration of Fitness form, which should be signed by their doctor.
- Apart from age, fitness level is also important when it comes to skydiving. The maximum weight limit for women is 90 kg (less than 27.5 BMI) and the maximum weight limit for men is 100 kg (less than 30 BMI). There is no minimum weight limit.
- There should be no trace of drugs or alcohol in your blood system 24 hours before the dive.
- In case you have certain medical conditions like fits, epilepsy, recurrent blackouts, severe head injury, high blood pressure, heart/lung disease, diabetes, drug or alcohol addiction, etc. you need to fill a Declaration of Fitness Form. Moreover, this form has to be signed and stamped by your doctor.
- One must not go scuba diving at least 24 hours before going skydiving.
Skydiving in Dubai: Things to Remember
To ensure that you have a smooth skydiving experience, here are some of the things that you need to remember:
- Assign at least 3-4 hours for skydiving. Although the actual skydiving experience lasts for a few minutes, you would require some time for the actual preparations.
- Always arrive on time.
- Wear athletic, comfortable clothes. Your t-shirts and tops should have sleeves, and you must avoid bottom wear that is too short like shorts.
- Remove all kinds of jewelry or accessories before you go skydiving.
- It is best to wear sneakers or sports shoes for your dive.
- Protective eye gear is part of the safety gear and should be worn by all individuals.
- Remember that skydiving is completely dependent on the weather, and your skydiving experience may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The appointment would either be rescheduled or a refund would be provided to you for the same.
- If you are a female and want a female tandem instructor, you can request for the same at the time of booking your skydiving experience.
While skydiving in Dubai is completely safe, it may not be everyone’s cup of tea. In this case, you can try indoor skydiving at iFly Dubai. Here, you can indulge in skydiving in the safety of the wind tunnel. Once you have enjoyed this for a few times, you can be prepared for the actual skydiving experience.