Dubai is one of the seven emirates that form the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is an incredible city in which you can discover a variety of spectacular things all through your visit. Every single trip to Dubai is never less than an adventure. Because, here you will get to know about some of the big things in Dubai that are perfectly detailed for your visits. Dubai is a land of superlative things where you can get pleasure from every moment starting from your visit till the end.
The emirate clinches a wide variety of surroundings in a very small area. The tourist can experience everything from rugged mountains and overwhelming sand dunes to sandy beaches and lush green parks, from dusty villages to luxurious residential neighborhoods and from ancient houses with wind towers to ultra-modern shopping malls.
In Dubai you could witness some of the biggest things in the world and you could also find some of the top things to do in Dubai. Here is the list of some major tourist landmarks in Dubai and top things to do in Dubai where you must have fun when you arrive at Dubai.
1.Burj Khalifa: The tallest Building in the World
You can’t miss the tallest formation on the planet. This wonder of modern technology and design with 829.8 meters has an observation deck on the 124th floor with stunning views, basically to everywhere! Its architectural wonder is a stunning work of art and has an incomparable feat of engineering. In concept and execution, Burj Khalifa has no peer.
|Attraction||Ticket Prices in INR (Rs)||Ticket Prices In AED|
|Burj Khalifa Entry Ticket price in Rupees For 124 Floor||RS 2485||135 AED|
|Burj Khalifa Entry Ticket price in Rupees For 148 Floor||RS 6900||375 AED|
Here are some superlative facts about Burj Khalifa
- The building was named in honor of the President of the United Arab Emirates the ruler of Abu Dhabi – Khalifa Bin Zayad Al Nahyan!
- It took nearly 6 years to fully build and officially open Burj Khalifa
- The sky-scrapper consists of 304 hotels, 900 apartments and 2957 parking spaces
- The observatory deck of the building is located at a height of 1483 feet or 452.1 meters
- Burj Khalifa has more than 18 Records, 17 Milestones and more than 30 international records on its name!
- The are also Lego Burj Khalifa Toys made especially for children
Also some specialty about Burj Khalifa comprises
- The design of the tower is inspired by the shape of Hymenocallis flower. The central core of the flower emerges at the top and concludes in a sculpted spire.
- The tower can be easily spotted (with no use of binoculars!) from a distance of about 95 kilometers
How to get there:
Well, you have a lot of convenient alternatives to get to the tallest building in the World. You can hire a taxi/cab, can travel by bus and get off at the next stop, which is the Dubai Mall Bus Stop or else you can ride by Dubai Metro till the Burj Khalifa Station.
Also Read :25 Free Things to Do in Dubai
2.Dubai Mall – The Largest Mall in the world
It’s the world’s largest destination for shopping, leisure, and entertainment. The Dubai mall is located just next to the world’s tallest Building Burj Khalifa. Located in the heart the prestigious Downtown Dubai, described as ‘The Centre of Now,’ is The Dubai Mall, the world’s largest and most-visited retail and pleasurable spot. The Mall also comprises under the biggest things in the World.
Astonishing Facts about Dubai Mall
- The Dubai Mall is the largest Mall in the world with a total area of 502,000 square metres
· Dubai Mall gets around 75 million visitors every year!
- It is home to Dubai Fountain, which is set on 30 acre Burj Khalifa Lake. The water jets are about 500–700 feet long.
Some Specialty about Dubai Mall
- The Dubai Mall houses the world’s largest candy store: Candylicious and it spans over 10,000 feet!
- The Reel Cinemas of Dubai Mall are among the largest cinemas in the world
- The mall has a 250-room luxury hotel, 120 restaurants and a parking facility that houses 14,000 cars!
How to get there
Located in the Downtown, Dubai Mall is the most visited attraction in Dubai, you can get a ride from everywhere around the corner of the city. You can hire a cab, travel through metro or bus.
3.Dubai Aquarium – Largest Aquarium in the World
As soon as you enter the Dubai Mall you can find a majestic view of the royal Dubai Aquarium. Dubai Aquarium is one of the biggest indoor aquariums in the World and it has won a Guinness World Record for the world’s “Largest Acrylic Panel”. Stroll through 48 meter tunnel, with the aquarium all-encompassing you from overhead and around. It’s a complete fisheye view, with sand tiger sharks and sting rays swimming overhead. The experience of the underwater zoo comes under biggest things in the World.
Superlative Facts about Dubai Aquarium
- The aquarium is encased with 10-million litre water comprising a total of 33,000 aquatic animals around the world
- It showcases more than 140 species of marine animals, including 300 Sharks and Stingrays
- It also houses the largest collection of Sand Tiger Sharks in the World
- Tourists can opt to dive underwater by snorkeling cage to have a closer view
Specialty about the Dubai Aquarium
- Dubai Aquarium offers a glass-bottom boat ride for the tourists
- The aquarium also offers to don an oxygen tank to go swimming with the sharks
- The aquarium consist of a underwater tunnel to have a perfect experience which requires a Ticket
How to get there
The aquarium is located within The Dubai Mall and the alternatives to reach there are already been suggested.
4.Desert Safari – The Thrill of Sand Dunes
Dubai is a land of desert safaris and this is the reason you will find some of the best desert safaris in Dubai. A must life time experience for everyone who is visiting Dubai. There are several activities to do in Dubai, in which you can indulge during your desert safari such as Sandboarding, dune bashing, camel ride etc. In some of the desert safari packages, entertainment shows are included. You can enjoy belly dancing by some of the best belly dancers in the region. They even serve the finest of Arabian cuisine. It encompasses under the list of major tourist landmarks in Dubai.
Superlative Facts about Desert Safari
- The desert safari tour is done in exclusive SUV cars like the Hummer and Land Cruiser.
- The Dubai desert safari tour of 6 hours includes numerous activities
- It offers an overnight desert experience. You’ll enjoy the luxury hospitality offered along with magical delicacies served
Specialty about the Majestic Desert Safari
- The safari includes dune bashing in a 4×4 vehicle, sunset photography, camel riding, shisha smoking, refreshments and entertainment
- Sand boarding and quad biking are major tourist fun activities during the safari
How to get there:
You have to book the desert safari date and time and the service will be available from your residence. As the pickup and drop services are covered under the booking.
5.The Burj Al Arab: The World Only 7 Star Hotel
The Burj al Arab is one of Dubai’s most famous landmarks, its sailboat-shaped silhouette emerging from the sea. Burj Al Arab stands on an artificial island Jumeirah beach and is connected to the mainland by a private curving bridge. It stands like a sparkling gem on the coastline of Persian Gulf. It has aesthetic facilities, panoramic beauty and superb sea views. Brilliantly crafted in a fluttering ship design, Burj Al Arab is a dreamy hotel for the visitors. It is regarded as one of the first key landmarks of modern Dubai. It is also considered to be one of the big things in Dubai.
Interesting Facts about “The Burj Al Arab”
- It is called as “The World’s Only 7 Star Hotel”
- The shape of the structure is designed to mimic the sail of a ship
- About 70,000 cubic meters of concrete and more than 9,000 tonnes of steel were deployed in the construction of the tower
- The sky-scrapper includes 2 Royal Suites, 2 Presidential Suites, 6 Diplomatic Suites, 4 Club Suites, 18 Panoramic Suites, 28 Two Bedroom Deluxe Suites and 142 One Bedroom Deluxe Suites
Specialty about the tower
- The Burj Al Arab’s atrium is the world’s tallest, measuring 180 meters high
- About 1,790 square meters of 24-carat gold leaf was used to embellish the interior
- Restaurant Al Mahara which is accessed via a simulated submarine voyage, features a large seawater aquarium, holding roughly 990,000 liters of water
- Burj Al Arab has an exclusive private beach named as Majlis Al Bahar, Sindbad’s kids Club, Wild Wadi Water-park, Infinity pools and Yacht charter.
- It has a helipad near the roof at a height of 210 meters (689 feet) above ground.
How to get there
You can get to the hotel by their private cabs as you reach the Dubai Airport. Besides, if you are a big shot, you can directly land on the Burj Al Arab’s helipad by chopper/helicopter. The hotel includes an afternoon tea session for the tourists by where you can have a sneak peek at the hotel.
6.Palm Islands:The World Biggest Man-Made Island
Palm Islands is composed of three islands: Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jebel Ali, and Palm Deira, with the last being the most recent works in progress. The most famed of the three is Palm Jumeirah – that is appropriately shaped like a palm tree, embracing of a trunk and 17 fronds, and encircled by an almost 7-mile crescent shaped island which is home to Atlantis, The Palm.
Fascinating Facts about Palm Islands
- Dubai Palm hold the record of being the world’s largest man-made islands
- More than 12,000 trees were grown in a nursery in order to supply the island with its palm trees
- The principal sectors of Palm Jumeirah are known as Trunk, spine, fronds, and crescent
- About 32 million cubic meters of sand was used and most of the sand brought from the ocean floor so they were able to use natural resources
Specialty about Palm Islands
- The palms is one among only a few islands which is visible from space to the naked eye
- A special satellite, 676 kilometers above the surface of the earth was used to make sure the structure was correctly laid
How to get there
We would prefer you to take a taxi to the Palm gateway monorail station, which is at the base of the palm, and then the monorail connected to the base takes you to the top. You can opt for metro but the monorail is not connected to the metro station so you have to walk for 15 minutes to reach there.
7.Dubai Shopping Festival – The Biggest Shopping Festival In The World
The Dubai shopping festival is an event of shopping & glamour, festivity & lights and multi cuisine food & cosmopolitan culture. Right from massive discounts to amazing deals, competitions and prizes, residents and tourists have a number of opportunities to get their hands on fashion, toys, furniture, vehicles, jewellery and even dining offers.
Interesting Facts about Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF)
- Dubai Shopping Festival is held for a month annually and draws over 3 million tourists from around the globe in a single year
- Dubai Shopping Festival means it is discount season everywhere in Dubai with malls, shops and retail outlets slashing prices up to 50 to 75%
Specialty about the festival
- The shopping in Dubai festival allows you to shop tax free and get trending fashion stuffs
- You could sample cuisine prepared by best chefs from all over the world
- The event starts and ends with lot of fireworks and exotic performances
How to get there
The Dubai Shopping festival is a city-wide festival and hence it held’s in multiplelocations like Global Village, DSF Desert Camp, Dubai Mall, Al Rigga Street, Night Souk, Al Fahidi For, Gold Souk,The Layali Dubai Concert, Promenade at Dubai Festival City, Asianet Film Awards, Al Seef Street, Mall of the Emirates, and Deira City Centre among others. A bus, taxi or metro all the options are open for the majestic event.
Also read – Amazing Dubai Festivals
8.Dubai Frame – The World Largest Picture Frame In the World
Dubai Frame is Dubai’s latest landmark that overlooks the entire city. The unique architecture of the building allows you to enjoy 360 degrees views of both old and new Dubai. The magnificent and eye-catching building is covered in gold-colored stainless steel cladding. The ground-level section hosts a museum with immersive 3D exhibits recounting Dubai’s transition from fishing village to global tourist destination. The frame can also be considered under some of the big things in Dubai.
Astonishing facts about Dubai Frame
- The frame measures 150 metres high and 93 metres wide
- Area of glass panel in the middle of the sky deck offers a 360-degree view over the city
- The frame is depicted from “the biggest picture frame on the planet” to “biggest stolen building of all time”
Specialty about the Dubai Frame
- The Dubai Frame is created out of glass, steel, aluminum, and reinforced concrete
- Exterior design of Dubai Frame was inspired from the logo of Expo 2020
How to get there
A taxi would be preferable to directly visit the Dubai Frame, or else you can travel through metro you have to alight at Al Ghubaiba metro station and then take a bus from the Ghubaiba Bus Stop and reach there.